Friday, October 21, 2022

Joe Lupo on the October 2022 STRS Board meeting; he minces no words

From Joe Lupo

October 20, 2022
I have never watched, attended, worked or served on any Board that is as dysfunctional as the STRS Board. They have not yet figured out they are the governing body and thus the bosses...Neville and staff are not their bosses. Until I see some real change in future meetings and Board actions, I still believe the tail continues to wag the dog. Steve Foreman is a big disappointment and at this point in time hasn't shown me or anyone else that he can walk his talk. In fact, his performance thus far will hurt him and any other administrator that decides to run for the Board.
Let me be very pointed in saying we have got to get our s--t together and understand that any takedown of STRS will have to be by us. Thus we have to focus on those issues that will be nuclear by blowing things at STRS wide open as I pointed out in a recent Zoom meeting. It is gloves off here and now as we move forward. We have talked enough and it is now time to kick some a--. Yes, I am using street talk, where I got my battle training from. Bottom line: it is them or us. We don't have 30-plus years to make it happen. 
Joe Lupo is a retired administrator and founder and administrator of the 30,000 member  Facebook group Ohio STRS Member Only Forum (“MOF”).
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company