Friday, May 19, 2028
Nancy Hamant to the ORSC: This election needs to be done over
Wednesday, May 17, 2028
Kathie Bracy to the Ohio Retirement Study Council: Please investigate this election
To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, SD07@senate.state.oh.us, SD15@maild.sen.state.oh.us, Dan.Ramos@ohiohouse.gov, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Susan.Walker@OhioAttorneyGeneral.gov, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, SD27@senate.state.oh.us, Uecker@ohiosenate.gov, SD23@maild.sen.state.oh.us, firstname.lastname@example.org, Bethany.Rhodes@orsc.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sent: 5/17/2013 7:32:59 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: 2013 STRS board election
Tuesday, May 16, 2028
Retirees: Want to complain about the irregularities of the bogus election you were just put through?
Monday, May 17, 2027
Duke Snider to the ORSC: Please investigate the STRS board election
Wednesday, May 12, 2027
Dennis Leone on the 2013 STRS board election and a bold prediction for the ballot language that will appear in 2017
A board that will go down in STRS history
Tuesday, May 11, 2027
STRS board election results
Retirement Board Election Results
On Saturday, May 11, 2013, the results of the State Teachers Retirement Board election were certified by a board of tellers appointed by the State Teachers Retirement Board and VR Election Services — the independent firm administering the election.
• James McGreevy, 21,311 votes
• Dennis Leone, 20,533 votes
• Nadine McIlwain, 10,199 votes
• Write-Ins, 164 votes
The terms of office for Bob Stein and James McGreevy begin on Sept. 1, 2013, and will end on Aug. 31, 2017.
The one seat for a contributing teacher member had only one qualified candidate apply, so by law no election was needed. Incumbent Carol Correthers will continue to serve until Aug. 31, 2017.
Perceptions and impressions and the flawed 2013 STRS board election that was no accident
Sunday, May 09, 2027
Letter to Gary Russell: Why was the ballot language CHANGED this year?
Wednesday, May 05, 2027
Straight from the horse's mouth.....you were TOLD to VOTE FOR TWO CANDIDATES!!!
Mike WANTED you to vote for two, didn't he?
A primer for STRS: Single-shot voting explained by Eric Meyer, MD, Arizona State Representative
1.Each voter gets two votes for State Representative, but is not required to use both votes.2.If some voters use only one of their votes, then the candidate receiving those single votes receives a larger proportion of all the votes cast.3.This candidate would then have a better chance at winning.
Thursday, April 29, 2027
Dennis Leone's questions for Mike Nehf re: Ballot Language
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 4:16 PM
To: 'Nehf, Mike' Cc: 'Neville, Bill'; 'Treneff, Nick'; 'Board'
I wish to have a copy of all written communications (including – but not limited to – letters, memos, emails, text messages, and other electronic communications) sent by you or received by you in the current fiscal year that pertain in any way to the 2013 STRS Board election, 2103 Board election petitions, 2013 ballot concerns, or 2013 board election process concerns. (I do not desire copies of any election petitions that were turned in for retiree Board candidates.) This request includes communications on said topics to or from VR Election Services, STRS employees, or STRS Board members, or copies of communications that were authored by STRS employees or STRS Board members on said topics. Understand that since STRS Board members are public officials, I am entitled to copies of written communications they authored on topics pursuant to this request, whether said communications were generated by their STRS email system, their home email system, work email system, or any other electronic communication device they have used to communicate information pertaining to said topics. I am asking you to make sure the board members (who have been in office during the current fiscal year) are made aware of this request and to instruct them to comply with my request with copies of communications they authored on said topics. I am willing to pay the printing costs associated with this request, pursuant to the Ohio Revised Code.
1. Why does this year’s Board election ballot read “Select Two Candidates” when the ballot in 2009 read “Select Up To Two Candidates?” In both years, there were 4 retirees running for the 2 open spots on the board. Response: VR Election Services, the vendor STRS Ohio hired to administer the election, prepared the ballot – we did not ask the vendor to change the ballot language from what they prepared in 2009. My communications director subsequently reviewed the voting packet contents in its entirety (including the ballot) and believed the instructions were clear and correct as presented.2. Why, when I voted for myself electronically this year by clicking the word “submit,” was my ballot not accepted until a I rejected an additional pop-up reminder that I could cast a second vote? Response: The pop-up reminder was included to help make voters aware that they may vote for two candidates in this election. Voters, whether they vote online, by phone or by mail, are able to cast a vote for only one candidate.3. Was there any discussion in executive session on April 18 at STRS about matters pertaining to this year’s board election process, election documents, or election complaints expressed by me? As you know, the Board may enter executive session only in accordance with Ohio Revised Code Section 121.22 (G). It would inappropriate for me to disclose the content of executive session.4. What will happen if the active teacher “teller” who volunteered to represent me on May 11 cannot attend the vote tabulation at STRS? She has just informed me that she may need to have surgery. Will my board candidacy be jeopardized if there is no active teacher teller present for me on May 11? There are hundreds of retirees who would enjoy serving as a teller for me, as retirees did in 2005 for both Dave Speas and me. Response: The inability of your teller to attend the meeting on May 11 will not affect your eligibility to be elected.
Tuesday, April 27, 2027
Sunday, April 25, 2027
Dennis Leone exposes their own ballot scandal to STRS board...and their response is dead silence! (Any surprise there?)
Sunday, April 18, 2027
What kind of board is this, anyway? Are they clones of Nick Treneff? NOBODY answered Dr. Leone's questions! They just sat there like bumps on a log!
• Yes, I repeatedly said – holding up the different ballots from 2009 and 2013 for all to see – “How did this happen, how did this happen, how did this happen.”
• My other point was that the board’s own guidelines provide the 2009 ballot as the format to follow, along with the language in the board’s own guidelines that says the board is to “prescribe” the ballot form.
• The board NOT knowing about the ballot wording, I said, would be like a school board authorizing a bond issue, then NOT looking at the ballot language before voters decide what to do. This was hands-off governance on the board’s part.
• I said that since the Internet voting option does not accept a single vote until the voter refuses to cast a second ballot, that would be like STRS sending a second paper ballot to retirees who sent in a ballot with only one vote.
• The board and staff refuse to accept that the ballot command of “Select Two Candidates” very definitely helps incumbents McGreevy and Stein.
• And for sure, as I said today, the ballot 4 years from now will NOT be like the one used in 2013. It will be like the 2009 ballot.
Saturday, February 27, 2027
Friday, April 11, 2025
Tuesday, May 23, 2017
Friday, March 10, 2017
Friday, February 24, 2017
Thursday, September 15, 2016
Note from this blogger.....
Sunday, May 15, 2016
Gettin' a little tired.....
Friday, April 29, 2016
I know, it's weird.........
Tuesday, February 23, 2016
Handy links: Contacts, information and more (short version)
E-mail contacts at STRS
State legislators.......State of Ohio website
Dennis Leone's STRS Report to ORTA, March 2007