CORE annual rally/meeting Oct. 20, 2005, 11:45 a.m. at STRS
From Molly Janczyk, 10/16/05:
The CORE ANNUAL MEETING was postponed in Sept. due to a very full agenda with the swearing in ceremonies and many more speakers than usual. There was a special HC meeting following the speakers and Tom Curtis who was running the agenda for the CORE Annual Meeting felt it more important to attend a Special HC Meeting presentation for a steady stream of revenue for the HC Stabilization Fund.
THEREFORE, TOM CURTIS WILL BE CHAIRMAN OF THE OCT 20, 2005 CORE ANNUAL MEETING with important business:
1. MIKE BILLIRAKIS will address HC issues and ans. ques.
2. EXPLANATIONS OF NEW CORE Committees:
▪ Election 2006
▪ 3 Min. Presentation
3. Ques. and ans.
CORE will hold its annual rally/meeting on Oct. 20, 2005 on the second floor of STRS (275 E. Broad St., Columbus, OH 43215) in the Sublett Rm. This meeting is a yearly opportunity for all reprsentatives from around the state to meet for determining the future of CORE. All decisions for CORE are made at these meetings by vote following majority rule. The Advisory Committee then carries out the decisions as no leaders are in place and all voices are heard in CORE. The Sublett Rm. is adjacent to the cafeteria. If you wish lunch, please go tho the cafeteria approx. 11:30 so we can begin promptly as we have a full agenda.
Also, we are ever growing and wish to register new members so you can receive info and forward it to others if you wish. We are always trying to enlarge our base to include all counties so every educator is aware of all sides of issues.
PLEASE PLAN TO ATTEND AND JOIN YOUR FRIENDS AND FELLOW EDUCATORS ON 10/20/05! If you cannot personally attend, please pass this on to others who can.
In 2 years:
● The former Exec. Direc. has been replaced
● 5 STRS board members, all of whom have been or most likely will be charged with ethics vioations have been replaced.
● SB133 which brought pension reform is in place and those board members who overspent can never return to the STRS board or be appointed to it. Language is in place to remove any board member who overspends in the future.
● 3 investment appointees have been added to the board for their expertise
●Many reductions and eliminations of overspending have been put into effect.The Ohio Ethics Commission (OEC) is investigating all areas of STRS for possible violations.
We are volunteers. We always need more help!
Please join us.