Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Time for a foot dragger's award? TWO good candidates here!


Thank you, Tom -- don't let 'em off the hook!

From:
Thomas Curtis
To: Damon Asbury

Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 10:20 AM
Subject: Request For Child Care Information


Hello Damon,

Just a quick reminder that you had indicated to me you would send me the child care information I requested the week following the October board meeting. Nearly three weeks later, I have not received it and am wondering why not?

Please be reminded that I originally requested this information on 8/8/05. I have sent you two additional requests since the initial one. It would appear that you are dragging your feet on this issue once again. This is an inordinately long period of time to receive the information I requested and is unacceptable, considering the continued questions I receive for such. This information should be readily available and should never have taken this long to obtain. A three-month wait is very inappropriate.

Further, you have provided me with no updates as to the progress of bringing the child care center to cost neutral, which I have also requested. Again, why not?

I was asked to keep CORE abreast of the progress concerning this issue, but I have been unable to do so due to the lack of response on your part. How can we resolve this problem concerning this issue?

Thank you,
Tom Curtis


From: Thomas Curtis

To: Jeanna Cuillins, Barbra Byington
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 9:52 AM
Subject: STRS Performance Audit


Second Request

Independent Fiduciary Services, Inc.
805 15th Street, NW
Suite 1120
Washington, DC 20005

Good day Ms. Cullins & Ms. Byington,

The membership of the STRS and I have been extremely frustrated for the past 3 years. Our funds have been very poorly managed during the past 10-15 years, thus resulting in the reduction of our pension checks to again pay for benefits promised to us by our fiduciaries throughout our career. We are now told that because they were only promises they really had no responsibility to actually keep those promises. That scenario is very sad and is recurring daily.

This brings me to my reason for writing you for the third time. We have yet to receive any results after years of following the processes and procedures those in the STRS, the ORSC, Ohio government, Ohio law, and the Ohio legislature have asked us to follow. There appears to be little accountability here.

The STRS membership was promised the results of your performance audit in the spring. That was not forthcoming. Next we were promised it in the fall. Fall is here and yet we have received no notice of any date your STRS performance report will be presented.

Would you kindly provide me with a month and date that will be forthcoming?

Thank you in advance for your timely response.

Thomas Curtis
STRS Retiree
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company