Sunday, January 15, 2006

Tom Curtis to Marilyn Eckhart on STRS' glowing self image


From Tom Curtis, Jan. 15, 2006

Hello Marilyn,

All of your comments are right on. Damon spending our funds to supposedly provide documentation that they are doing a good job is a joke. He must be dreaming and think we are so naive that we would listen to such rubbish, well I guess those uninformed do. This is just the kind of culture that still exists at the STRS. It is going to take years to get rid of it, I am sorry to say.

Tom Curtis

From: Marilyn Eckhart

Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2006
Subject: Re: 011306 Asbury Resp, Re Curtis To Asbury, Nearly 2006 & Still No
Consideration For Members Ideas

Tom,


When I was teaching, I, too, gave the STRS a good report. However, I didn't know how it functioned, good or bad. I think that is the same with present day active teachers. They are too engrossed in their teaching to worry about STRS. As long as they get their benefits, that's basically their main concern. The only thing active teachers have to go on are the glowing publications put out by STRS.

I am trying to get a 'flashback' printed (I do not have a printer) that I received from John Curry. I will have some copies made and give them to some active teachers.

Keep up the good work, I back CORE 100%.

Marilyn Eckhart
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company