Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Paul Boyer to Molly Janczyk re: Dispatch article and HC

May 30, 2006
Molly, Thanks for the tip. I pulled up the article and printed it out. Now I am going to call my son and make sure he sees it.
No, I don't think Mr. Nash misquoted me on the Supreme Court. As I remember, I did not give the number of times the Court put down rulings about school support. I simply said that after the state legislature defied the rulings, the Supreme Court closed the case. As I remember, the Ohio Supreme Court was the only court in Ohio to make any rulings concerning the illegality of school funding.
Now, Health Care costs. I feel that our Board at this time is doing the best they can with costs rising so dramatically. There were so many mistakes in the past that can not be changed now. I am grateful for what they have done this year with Medicare D and holding the line on costs. Have you read all of the newspaper stories about the many problems retirees had in figuring out which Medicare D plan to take and then the difference in prices they were quoted when they went for their prescriptions? We did not have to do any of that or pay an extra monthly premium for it which I understand is $90.00 or more for some plans. Even with the costs containments, Alice and I each are already over halfway to the $1500.00 cut off in out-of-pocket payments and so we should both get some free medicine toward the end of the year.
Remember, the figures I sent to you from the HC report are only the suggestions from the staff. The Board is scheduled to make the decision at the June meeting. I think that instead of grumbling so much about our payments now, we should be encouraging the board members to sharpen their pencils and hold the line as much as possible for the 2007 years and beyond. I am going to write a letter to all of the board members if I can get all of the email addresses together.
I do not think I have told you about our local State House election campaign for this year. Mr. Willamowski is term limited out so he can not run again. Do you remember how Dennis Shreefer helped us so much when he had the radio talk show, even joining our local chapter? He is running as the Democratic candidate for the position. I attended his kick-off meeting last Thursday evening and I think he has an outside chance of defeating the Republican. I know I am going to work as hard as I can for him and if he is elected, he WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN COLUMBUS.
You may do whatever you want to with this letter.
Paul
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company