Friday, May 19, 2006

Tom Curtis: Letter to Lew Bachtal, Ross County RTA president

May 19, 2006
Hello Lew Bachtal, (President Ross Co. RTA)
Thank you for asking me to speak on behalf of CORE to your retired teacher association in Ross Co. on Wednesday.
The very personal welcome I received by you, Don Gatchell and so many of your members upon arriving was greatly appreciated.
At your next meeting, would you please thank all of the lovely members that spoke with me while I was there? Also thank them for their interest and support of CORE. I hope I was able to adequately answer any questions they asked. If I did not, please provide them with my email address tcurtis2@neo.rr.com and ask them to write me. They were all truly a wonderful group.
I found out after the meeting, that some of your members were not aware of CORE and have now been placed on my email list, as they requested. One member, Mary Lou Thompson, provided me with a check for a contribution to CORE, which I gave to our financial person on Thursday during our CORE meeting at the STRS.
Again, being asked to explain how CORE came into existence, what its mission and goals are was most appreciated. I am sure the information I presented concerning the projected increases in our health care coverage for 2007 was not anything anyone wanted to hear. However, every retiree should know what he or she is facing, in the event that they have a non-teaching spouse to insure in 2007. They will likely look elsewhere for much more affordable coverage.
Sincerely,
Tom Curtis, CORE Member
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company