Saturday, February 10, 2007

Another retiree's experience with Caremark

From a retiree, February 9, 2007
Subject: Re: Prednisone: Phyllis' letter to Caremark


Please be aware from my experience companies like Caremark only do what the people that are paying them O.K., (STRS) for example. My sister who I recently talked to said she gets her medication from Caremark and has never had a problem with anything. Her huband and her medications are always on time etc. I told her I have never received an order that is correct and all the problems I've had receiving the wrong prescriptions and not the necessary critical supplies with medications.

She said call your employer or in this case STRS. She says people who worked for a very large company like her husband has a number to call their employer and it is immediately remedied. From my experience with prescription insurance, I would say STRS is calling the shots even though they are acting like they're doing everything to help. I think STRS is continually make adjustments without our knowledge. How do I know this is possible with these companies or STRS? Because my own school did the same thing and I got a quorum to ask our local association to sue and return our contracted insurance to us. When I researched, the school changed our contracted benefits without our knowledge. When teachers asked the school administration if they did this, they would deny it. I called someone in the insurance company who told the truth. We then sued to get our benefits back.

I was also told by Caremark because I couldn't take generic of a drug that it could be filled namebrand and I would pay for it if the doctor said namebrand. I believe I should not be punished because I cannot take a certain medication and neither should Phyllis. I don't think Caremark or STRS has a right to make that decision. This is a medical decision and if they are doing this my opinion is they are practicing medicine without a license. Which of course would be illegal.
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company