Friday, March 16, 2007

Thanks to some obscure policy not spelled out to Dennis Leone in advance, ORTA refuses to publish a report they invited him to submit.

Why are we not surprised? Nice going, ORTA -- thanks to you, THOUSANDS will have no clue what is REALLY happening at STRS. Yes......the beat goes on....and on.....and ON!! KBB

Dennis Leone to Tom Seamon, March 16, 2007
Subject: Re: STRS Report
Since when is it ORTA's policy, as a condition for a column to be published, to tell another with whom he/she should not share something he/she has written. I just wonder how many ORTA members, then, will not see it. Is there a certain number to dictate your decision?
The beat goes on with ORTA..........
Dennis Leone
---
Tom Seamon, March 16, 2007
Subject: STRS Report
Friday, March 16, 2007
Dear Dr. Leone,
I was somewhat surprised yesterday to receive several emails that included your STRS Report to ORTA. I haven’t sent the Quarterly to the Printer yet. It is not due to be mailed to our members until the first week in April. I don’t know if you were aware of this premature distribution. Our usual procedure is to send our articles to our web site a week after the publication has been mailed. I even found the report on a member blog, and one email labeled it a “CORE Alert.”
I have consulted our executive board and they agreed with me that there is no reason to publish an article that will be about 3 or 4 weeks old by the time it is in the hands of our members.
For this reason, I must inform you that we have decided not to include your STRS Report in the Spring Quarterly.
I hope you understand,
Tom Seamon
Editor, The ORTA Quarterly
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company