Thursday, May 24, 2007

Rep. Michelle Schneider responds to Nancy Hamant re: HB 151

From Rep. Michelle Schneider, May 24, 2007
Subject: RE: STOP HB 151

Dear Nancy,
Thank you for your recent email regarding HB 151. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns on this matter.
I want you to know that I am working on this bill very closely with Representative Jones. I am opposed to funding terrorism and am working to make this bill better.
Again, thank you for writing with regards to this matter as I will certainly keep your thoughts in mind. If I can be of any further assistance please contact my office at (614) 644-6023, 77 South High Street, 14th Floor, Columbus, Ohio 43215 or district35@ohr.state.oh.us.
Sincerely,
Michelle Schneider
Assistant Majority Whip
State Representative
35th Ohio House District
---
From Nancy Hamant, May 20, 2007
Subject: STOP HB 151

The Honorable Michelle Schneider
The Ohio House of Representatives
Dear Representative Schneider,
What is your position on H.B. 151? As a retired member of STRS, I am extremely concerned that the passage of this bill would severely damage our pension system for reasons I will list below. Please do everything you can to keep this bill from passing. Over 100,000 of retirees will be badly impacted, financially, if it goes through. The unfunded liability of the STRS pension fund would be almost doubled. H.B. 151, though well-intended, would wreak havoc with the STRS pension fund and the lives of all retired Ohio teachers, especially our most elderly.
Thank you, respectfully,
Nancy B. Hamant
(Address)
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company