Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Tom Curtis to Sponsor and Co-sponsors of HB 315: Thank you

From Tom Curtis, September 18, 2007

Subject: HB 315, Thank You Representatives For Caring About STRS Retirees

Hello Representatives,
My name is Tom Curtis. I am an STRS retiree. I would like to thank each of you from the bottom of my heart for caring enough about STRS retirees to co-sponsor HB 315.

This much needed legislation will provide a future for our current health care program. Without passage of this legislation, the current health care program will run out of funds in the very near future.

With this initial support from each of you, it is my hope that enough other legislators will follow your lead to enable passage of HB 315. Health care is a necessary addition to the pension program. Retirement without health care means no retirement at all. My greatest concern is that, if HB 315 does not pass, there will be no health care program for the active teachers less then half way through their career.

Sincerely,

Thomas Curtis

Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company