Saturday, February 02, 2008

From a former Board member: the Board made an effort to help all members

Steve Buser to Molly Janczyk, February 2, 2008
Subject: RE: Buck: HB190:
Dear Molly,
I think your recollection of the Buck study is pretty accurate. Of course, this (my recollection) is coming from someone who is increasingly memory challenged.
In addition, while I was not on the Board when STRS made the changes, and while I might have voted to do things differently here or there, I think the Board at least made an effort to help all members. So even if they screwed up a bit, at least they were headed in the right direction - more or less. And this is coming from another STRS member who retired with only 30 years rather than with 35.
Steve Buser
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company