Sunday, February 24, 2008

RH Jones re: Absentee voting

From RH Jones, February 24, 2008
Subject: Political voting by absentee ballot
To all:
I voted in the primary already. It just cost me just 97 cents to USPS mail it back my Summit County Board of Elections. I anticipate a crowded voting booth this March 14 primary, and at next November’s presidential election. This made it easy.
You do not even have to leave your home to vote. And your vote has a better chance of being counted - if you vote absentee. There is no machine when you vote by absentee ballot; you mark a ballot and it is hand counted in the presence of an authorized member of both political parties.
I not only saved money on not having to driving to the booth; I saved time – of which I have little of each. I strongly urge you to do the same. You can order your ballot by phoning your local Bd. Of Elections, and they will mail it out to you. Furthermore, you can vote absentee especially if you will be out-of town or out of country Election Day March 4th. Or, you can personally pick-up a ballot while in the vicinity of the Bd. of Elections. Anyway, PLEASE VOTE and do so carefully!
My opinion,
RHJones, a retired teacher
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company