Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Whaaa?

From Rich DeColibus, November 19, 2008
Hey Guys,
Well, I'm sure glad to hear our investment associates didn't get a "bonus", but a performance-based incentive instead. Phew, and here I was all upset that they were getting an average of $70,000 extra each after losing $25,000,000,000, but now that I know it's a "Performance-Based Incentive" (with capital letters, no less), I feel just wonderful about the whole idea. I wonder if they had changed the name of the bubonic plague in 14th century England to "Rosy Cheek Syndrome" fewer people would have died? I'm sure of it, and the spirit of that type of cheerful nomenclature-based optimism is obviously alive and well at STRS.
I also hear the financial industry has about a million more employed than there are job slots. Soon, those job seekers will clog employment offices and institutions thicker than Alaskan mosquitos in the Yukon valley. STRS will probably have to hire armed guards to keep the displaced financial analyst masses at bay, especially when they get word of our employment perks. Wow, and we thought hurricane Katrina created a lot of refugees...
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company