Monday, May 25, 2009

Retired Lima area administrator to Tim Myers..."we welcome you as a participant"

From John Bos, May 25, 2009
Tim,
I just read that you made a comment that a retired area administrator did not want you to attend the June 9th STRS meeting at Apollo Career Center.
If I am the person that you are quoting, let me set the record straight for you and any other interested party to read.
I BEG YOU TO ATTEND. THIS MEETING IS BEING HELD 6 MILES FROM YOUR HOME. YOUR ARE ELECTED TO REPRESENT THE STRS PARTICIPANTS.
I WANT YOU TO ATTEND AND PRAY THAT YOU WILL RECONSIDER AT BE AT THIS MEETING.
My wife and I need the STRS annunity to survive. We are one step from the Soup Kitchen without STRS. We are facing many issues in Lima, Ohio, and the United States. STRS is just a small spoke in the big wheel. We all are interested in your views regarding potential changes in medical coverage, final average salary, rule of 90 (or any other rule that will change the current retirement formulae), etc.
We will welcome you as a participant. The meeting with have a moderator who is ordained and will not have any relationship to STRS.
Thanks again for reading and answering this email. I am requesting Kathie Bracy to post this message so that there can never be a question regarding my position regarding your attendance on June 9th.
John Bos
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company