Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Linda Meinelt: Letter to Rep. Kevin Bacon

From Linda Meinelt, June 8, 2009
Subject: HB177

Representative Bacon,
I wrote to you last week asking for your support for HB177.
I understand that, in the interim, you have received correspondence from Marla Bump at STRS presenting you with the STRS viewpoint.
Ms. Bump, I feel sure, knows the average BASE compensation for Investment Staff, is $156,000 plus an extremely generous benefits package.
I seriously doubt we are going to "lose" investment staff to those "greener pastures" which no longer exist.
Times have changed, and STRS has taken advantage of the retirees for too long. I, for one, (and am sure I have much company among other STRS retirees) welcome the precedent that passage of HB177 would establish.
As it stands now, the STRS Board, can lift the bonus suspension at any time and for any reason.
Please, support HB177. Thousands of retirees are counting on you!
Thank you,
Linda Meinelt
Columbus, OH
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company