Monday, July 20, 2009

State Treasurer Kevin Boyce to "Duke" and Jane Snider: I will give Dr. Leone full consideration

From Kevin Boyce, July 16, 2009
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Snider,
Thank you for your letter suggesting the appointment of Dr. Dennis Leone to the State Teachers Retirement Board. Teachers' issues are a top concern of this administration, and I appreciate your input on my forthcoming decision.
Pursuant to Ohio Revised Code section 3307.05, the State Treasurer's appointee to the STRS Board must be an investment expert.
In this investment climate, and in light of recent losses sustained by STRS, the biggest concern driving my decision is appointing an individual with impeccable investment credentials. It is my firm belief that this is absolutely crucial to protecting and growing the pension fund for future stability.
I want to assure you, however, that my appointment decision will also be made with the utmost sensitivity to issues important to teachers. To that end, I will give Dr. Leone full consideration.
Again, thank you very much for your thoughtful letter. Feel free to contact me with any further questions or concerns. We will be happy to address them.
Sincerely,
Kevin L. Boyce
Treasurer
State of Ohio
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company