Friday, June 11, 2010

Dennis addresses the..... Sign in the STRS cafeteria!

From Dennis Leone, June 10, 2010
Subject: RE: Sign in the STRS cafeteria!

Yes, and this is ONE item that I DO feel Mike Nehf stepped up to the plate – which Herb Dyer and Damon Asbury simply refused to do. Nehf heard my whining, and the whining of CORE on this issue (while ORTA and OEA sat silent), and he responded with a push to change the 37½-hour work week to a 40-hour work week. My chief complaint with the old system was that there were STRS employees who were cleverly adding a little time on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday so they could skip Friday entirely. No one really cared about it before, except John Lazares and me. This is one area where the change would NOT have occurred had Mike Nehf not supported it. I am thankful that he did.

Dennis Leone
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company