Saturday, August 21, 2010

Somehow, Cliff just didn't want to take a position, did he?

Representative Cliff Hite to John Curry, August 20, 2010
Subject: RE: Cliff, as my Representative I have a few questions for you......
John,
As you know, all the pensions at the state are being looked into. As a former teacher, I have a vested interest in how all procedures go. I have had several meetings in my office with representatives from STRS, OPERS, Fire and Police, and Ohio Highway Patrol. At this time, discussions are still taking place but nothing has been agreed upon involving all five retirement programs. It is more than obvious to all that something must be done to the current systems.
Therefore, it is premature on my part to respond to questions from one entity without taking into consideration all the other programs.
I will stay on top of this ever vigilantly, but I must decline at this time to answer questions that may not even be a part of the bill process and/or possible solution to our pension concerns.
Thank you very much,
Cliff Hite
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company