Saturday, February 12, 2011

Mary Ann Fredrick to Representatiave Batchelder: We will be watching how you vote on collective bargaining

From Mary Ann Fredrick, February 10, 2011
Subject: SB 5
Rep. Batchelder, I am a twenty-two year resident of Medina County. I am a teacher, my husband is a retired teacher and we will be watching very carefully how you vote on the SB 5 regarding collective bargaining, et.al. There are hundreds of teachers that I personally know in Medina County via my work, my church, etc.
The misconception that unions are the anti-Christ and need to be crucified is merely a scapegoat for the poor economic conditions and lack of fiscal responsibility of legislators throughout this country who feed at the public trough, padding their own pockets, protecting their healthcare, and pension funds while destroying the middle class who make their mere existence possible.
If the goal is to have everyone work at Wal-Mart for minimum wage, without health care, and without full time employment then the tax base will continue to lessen as no one will be able to afford a home, buy a car, purchase goods, or further spur economic growth in Ohio or in the nation.
NO ONE will value education and there will be no need to seek higher education nor have the means to afford college. We can become one big "Appalachia" from sea to shining sea. Feel free to contact me, I will be contacting your constituents. I never miss a primary or general election!
Mary Ann R. Fredrick
Medina, OH
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company