Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Wanna have some real fun...just call the ODE!

From John Curry, November 1, 2011
I had an educator ask me how to look up a teacher's certification. It used to be simple....you just went to the ODE site and looked it up. I couldn't find beans while at the ODE site so I thought I'd call them. WHAT A JOKE. The first 3 calls resulted in a supposed "transfer" and then I was the victim of 3 hang-ups! Finally, call #4 provided me with this info below which I relayed to my friend (XXXXX). If this ODE (under Governor Kasich) is an example of efficiency.....I think I'll puke.
John
P.S. Try calling yourself and ask the same initial question that I did (if you want to verify what I said above...or, feel lucky). If not, here is the procedure below:
XXXXX...the State of Ohio has a new procedure to find info on teachers and their licenses or lack thereof. You will need to get a password and register BEFORE you can find this info out. Here is the page to get your password.
You will then need to go to this link (with your password) to find the info:
John
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company