Thursday, May 10, 2012

My, my...something I forgot to mention......

From John Curry, May 10, 2012
Remember how, when STRS was considering (several years ago at a meeting that CORE members and I attended with Michael Nehf and several board members) but not applying the 1% COLA cut to those retirees with very low annual retirements but...in the end......didn't develop the compassion that the Highway Patrol did with their lowest pensioned retirees? Remember how STRS was "concerned" about how the STRS pension was possibly not the only income that these lowest retirees had? I do!!!!!!!
Here's the point ...Col. (Ret.) Rice and the OHP DIDN'T BRING UP THIS "ONLY SOURCE OF INCOME" ARGUMENT WITH THEIR HUMANE SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM...DID THEY" Gee...I wonder why not?

John
See Col. Rice's comments here.
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company