Saturday, November 19, 2005

Bev McCoy's letter to Judge Reece

11/18/05
Judge Guy L. Reece, II

Franklin County Court of Common Pleas, General Division

369 S. High Street

Columbus, Ohio 43215-7A

Dear Honorable Judge Reece,

You must help me with this. How do you justify awarding a settlement to a group of people who never had a contract to perform the work? How can some vague “understanding” be a part of law?

When I was teaching, I worked under a contract. If something went wrong, we went back to the contract. What do these people have to go back to? You must explain that to me.

When CORE [Concerned Ohio Retired Educators] first started looking into some infractions at the State Teacher’s Retirement system, we were shocked to hear that payments were going out on “word of mouth.” We felt that was wrong then and I still feel it was wrong. Then along comes your settlement, saying that’s OK. Not OK with me. I think your decision needs to be reconsidered.

Beverly Owens McCoy

Retired Ohio Teacher, Lima Ohio, 2000

Past President of Allen County Retired Teachers

Member: STRS

Member: CORE

Member: ORTA

Member: NEA-Retired Life

Member OEA- Retired-Life

Beverly
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company