Saturday, November 19, 2005

Judi: Back online

From: Judi
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2005 10:02 PM
Subject: I'm up and running again

It has been a very sad time for me as my brother passed away from cancer about 3 weeks ago and because of my immune system and chemical sensitivity, I was unable to be with him. The hospital makes me ill(due to the chemicals used there) and because of my immune system the doctors advised me not to go as he was in isolation with staph infection(resistant to antibiotics). I was unable to visit him in the summer as each time I was well and able to go, the city sprayed for West Nile Virus which makes me very ill. It did however make me feel good when he cracked a joke on the phone when I called him in his final days. I know he was saying he understood that I could not be with him.
It is very difficult for me that I have been unable to be with my family during these difficult times. I sincerely believe that if STRS had granted me disability when I first became ill, I would have been able to have the necessary treatment that would have helped me recover and allowed me to be with my family.
Then about 2 weeks ago my computer fried. Incidently the computer was not on. Please be aware if you do not have a surge protector rated with 1000 joules or more, this could happen to you. Most are not!
I have my new computer up and running and I plan to set up a new e-mail to send to you as my present site is getting bogged down. I will use it only for CORE and STRS info.
Judi
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company