Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Kathie Bracy to Conni Ramser: What is the Board's policy on addenda? Interesting response


Let me ponder for a moment. Five clearly stated questions asked and (my interpretation) zero questions answered? Am I missing something here? John (Curry)
Perhaps I caught her at a bad time, between her illness and her trip to Texas; and perhaps I posed too many questions in one letter. I shall try again after the holidays. KB
From Conni Ramser
December 21, 2005
Hi!
Dr. Leone was well within his role as a board member to bring forth an item of business. He did so. The board did not pass his item of business and chose to approve the settlement according to the terms presented by the attorney. Now that the board has decided, I support the board in its decision.
Happy Holidays! (That includes Merry Christmas!) I'm headed to Texas to see my family.
Conni

From: Kathie Bracy
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2005
Subject: Board policy on addenda

Dear Ms. Ramser,

I'm sorry to hear you've been down with the flu. How well I (not fondly) remember many such episodes during my teaching years; I hope you recover quickly.

In reference to your December 11 comment to Tom Curtis where you said "The issue was about settling the PBI lawsuit according to the terms presented by the attorneys. Dr. Leone's motion was not part of the attorney's recommendation," a few questions have come to my mind:

1. If a Board member disagrees with an attorney's recommendation, why doesn't he/she have the right to propose an addendum?

2. Is this a blanket policy (no right to propose an addendum), to apply at all times? If so, what recourse does a Board member have if he/she believes an attorney's recommendation is wrong and not in compliance with ORC 3307.15, other than voting against it?

3. Exactly what is the Board's policy on addenda?

4. Do you believe the attorney's recommendation complied with ORC 3307.15?

5. Do you believe the outcome of the lawsuit complies with ORC 3307.15?

Thank you.

Kathie Bracy

Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company