Saturday, January 28, 2006

To Conni from Ralph Lloyd: From one who saves LIVES (without bonuses) to one who saves WORDS (and sits on our Board)

From Ralph Lloyd, January 28, 2006: Letter to Conni Ramser
Conni,
I have two questions for you to discuss at the STRS Board Meeting, but before I state them, I feel that I should introduce myself.
I am a retired teacher of 33 years, in the Carrollton Exempted School System in eastern Ohio. I was quite active in my Local OEA group and served as President and also served several years on the negotiations committee. I was also very active in my community and retired as an Assistant Fire Chief in the Carrollton Village Fire Department after 42 years of service there (it is a paid-on-call Department). I also spent 25 years, first as an EMT and later as a Paramedic, for my community.
I am a life member of OEA-R, NEA-R, ORTA, CORE, and OFCA (Ohio Fire Chiefs Association) and maintain membership in my Local CCRTA and NEORTA.
Question number 1. Why does the STRS board not follow Roberts Rules of Order during their business meetings?
Question number 2. Why should people that are hired to work for us, in any capacity, recieve bonuses for work they are expected to do?
Before I leave you I should like to remind you that I taught for 33 years and never recieved a bonus for the number of students who excelled in my Higher Math classes, nor did I receive any bonuses for the buildings I saved or the lives I saved, all because that was part of my job.
Ralph L Lloyd
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company