Thursday, January 26, 2006

Tom Curtis to Jim Gibson: An apology

From Tom Curtis, 1/26/06
Hello Jim,
My name is Tom Curtis. It was passed along to me by John Curry that you were offended with a comment made by another retiree concerning the Republican candidates for Governor this coming fall. I apologize for having passed such an email along, now realizing that it angered others that would take Mr Lloyd's comments very personally.
Because I responded to this individual does not mean that I agree with his comments and only informed him that often people vote for candidates for the wrong reasons. I personally will not support Mr. Blackwell, Mr. Petro, or Ms. Montgomery, but I do not concur with what Mr. Lloyd had to say and feel his use of words could have been different, if he opposses them and those that would vote in their favor.
Because Mr. Petro and Ms. Montgomery held a seat on the STRS board for nearly 16 years and allowed the spending abuses Dr. Leone brought to light, I have no desire to see either of these individuals remain in any government office, as I do not trust them. They completely failed us as the "watchdogs" they were placed on the five public retirement boards to be. Then, they claimed a conflict of interest when asked to take legal action against those that willingly abused our funds.
In closing, I again apologize for any hurt feelings resulting in the passing along of that email. Please accept my apology and know that I will be far more senitive about passing along such in the future.
Thank you for your understanding,
Tom Curtis
CORE Advisory Committee Member
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company