Thursday, February 09, 2006

Mark Meuser keeps lines of communication open with words of wisdom


From Mark Meuser to Molly Janczyk
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006

Thanks again Molly, this time for putting that vita, resume, and reasons for running out there for people to see. Please direct active teachers to find it and vote for me in April. I will keep toes to the fire and toast them if things get like stinky feet at STRS ever again.. I would welcome the challenge and dare some idiots to try to waste OUR MONEY!!! I will never forget that if elected, and want core to toast me if I ever get stinky. THANKS!!! Mark.

From Mark Meuser to Kathie Bracy
February 08, 2006

I appreciated your thoughtful and honest letter and hearing about your specific circumstances. I, too, have great sympathy for retirees who have experienced the large increase in premiums. These same premiums were part of the reason I never seriously considered retiring at 30 years. With two dependents at home, I could not afford it. That is why I support the 2.5% increase for active teachers and school boards. It's also why I think it's so important to do everything possible to maximize the annual interest rate of our investments.

I have learned so much about the workings of STRS in the last two or three months. I know I will have to learn a lot more. If I am elected to the Board, my main concern will be to act as a fiduciary for all members of the system, both active and retired. Although I know there is no way that I could please everyone all of the time, I think it is important to keep the lines of communication open. Thank you for helping me do that.

Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company