Friday, March 17, 2006

A new trick: How to make the text larger

Want to make the text larger on your computer screen so you can read it more easily?

Here's a new trick I just learned (for those using Internet Explorer): hold down your Ctrl key and turn the wheel on your mouse. If you turn it one way, it makes the text larger. If you turn it the other way, it makes the text smaller.

I found it to work on this blog (with a couple seconds time delay); also Word documents and some e-mail. (But not all; maybe it depends on whether the sender also uses IE) I also noticed there's some carryover; if I magnify one e-mail, others will also open magnified, but I can make adjustments with the wheel. Note: if you accidentally hold down the Shift key instead, that's supposed to flip backwards or forward through web pages you've already visited. I haven't tried that yet. Have fun. KBB

Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company