Sunday, June 18, 2006

Exiting Board president Brown again attempts to silence The Messenger

.....demonstrating once again that even his boorish manners won't stop a true leader from bearing forth the 3307.15 banner. Shame on you, Bob Brown! On your way out the door, you can't resist showing your true colors once again.
From Dennis Leone
June 18, 2006
One ugly thing happened at Friday's STRS meeting. At one point in the meeting, Steve Puckett gave an overview of a three-day conference he attended in Chicago. I expressed my displeasure over the cost and said how I felt we needed to arrange for said meetings to be in Ohio. Bob Brown responded that it was improper for me to suggest that Board members should not go to these meetings (which is not really what I said). When I attempted to respond to him, he hollered "shut up." Needless to say, I did not shut up, and I proceeded to give a speech about HOW ALL THE MEETINGS THAT JACK CHAPMAN, EUGENE NORRIS, DEBBIE SCOTT, HAZEL SIDAWAY, AND JOE ENDRY ATTENDED OVER 8 YEARS DIDN'T HELP STRS ONE BIT. They went to hundreds of meetings and spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to become better board members, and frankly, it made them worse AND it made STRS worse.
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company