Friday, September 15, 2006

Paul to Damon: How much longer must we suffer these indignities?

From Paul Boyer, September 15, 2006
Damon, I have read what I consider to be an incomplete report of the September board meeting. First, I assume that the board finished all of its business yesterday and did not have to meet today, hence the report is earlier than usual.
I believe that a report such as this should include all that happens in a board meeting but sadly missing was the report of the sordid discussion concerning past board action in paying bills without written information, culminating in John Lazares walking out of the meeting after stating that he did not expect (or need) to be insulted by a fellow board member. As I stated in my speech, ad-libbing, "Today, I have witnessed the worst incompetence of leadership of the STRS Board of any board I have ever been on of all the many boards I have experienced in my 81 years. I am scared for this Board under this leadership. The leadership of this board must change along with possibly the leadership of the retirement system".
I sincerely meant what I said there. You may interpret it in any way you like, in light of my recent private letter to you. The chairman should have stopped that discussion before it went as far as it did. I feel that she is totally incompetent to continue to carry on as chair of the Board but I am sure she will not resign and there is no way to remove her, unless she infringes on some of the removal provisions of the recent Senate Bill.
How long do we have to suffer such indignities as we have been having?
Paul
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company