Friday, March 16, 2007

CORE and one-upmanship by ORTA? The beat goes on and on and ON........

Dennis Leone to Kathie Bracy, March 16, 2007
Subject: Re: ORTA Refuses to Publish Column
I called Don Bright, ORTA president, tonight at his home in Bowling Green. I told him that at no time did anyone tell me that there were privacy conditions with anything I wrote. I also asked him "what's the difference anyway.......shouldn't the real issue be what retirees are entitled to know?" This should not be an ORTA issue of who is first to publish something.
I told him that Ann Hanning or he should have called me. In fact, I told him, neither Ann nor he has ever called me about anything since I've been a board member. Nothing about the policies I have advanced, nothing about the changes that have occurred, nothing in the way of input or support or suggestions. Nothing. That's it. His response tonight: "We'll try to do better."
I am convinced this is about CORE and one-upmanship.
DL
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company