Shirlee Zerkel to Gary Russell: Questions about new option proposed Advantage plan
Subject: Questions about new option proposed Advantage plan
- Would that be a one time subsidy or every year that STRS offers it to their retirees?
- Would it be based on just because STRS offers the plan or is the subsidy based on the number of members who sign up for the plan?
- I understand the subsidy is 12 to 14%. My question is 12 to 14% of what?
- If a member would be unhappy with the plan, would that retiree be able to switch back to traditional Medicare?
- What would STRS be responsible for in this plan?
- Would the retirees in the plan be restricted to in-network providers?
- How would the Medicare B premium payment be handled?
- Is it true that only retirees who have both Medicare A and B are eligible for this plan?