Saturday, June 09, 2007

Mary Woolford: A response from AG Marc Dann re: her almost-look-alike capsules

From Mary Woolford, June 9, 2007
Subject: Marc Dann's letter today
I did receive a written response to my e-mail letter to the Attorney General Marc Dann. He said he has reviewed it and will be corresponding with Caremark regarding my allegations. He says it could take as long as 90 days to get a response and mediate a resolution.
So, looks like the ball is rolling in the right direction for retirees and their medications. I will keep you informed as the case continues. Mr. Dann also explained the mediation process that he can offer. They sent a copy of my complaint to the supplier and requested that they respond to his office in writing. If the supplier disagrees with my version of the problem, he says mediation may not work to resolve the issue. But, he says there may be other avenues of relief available to me, such as Small Claims Court or my own private counsel. Well, I can tell you that if Caremark doesn't see fit to correct this problem, I will not pursue it, using my own money. If enough retirees have similar concerns about their medication, I suggest they send a letter to Mr. Dann, so that he and Caremark can see the gravity of the situation and begin immediately to resolve it. Many voices speak louder than a single one!
Mary Woolford
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company