Friday, August 03, 2007

Egg on the face of the STRS Board for their usual knee-jerk style of decision making! Real bright, you guys!!!

Thank you, Dennis and Craig for having BRAINS and SENSE -- too bad you were in the MINORITY that day!!! KBB
Dennis Leone to Linda Meineldt, August 1, 2007
Subject: RE: Divestment
You have asked a very good question. I voted no on the board resolution to develop a plan, but (as you might guess) it passed 8-2. I think the board now has egg on it’s face. The editorial in today’s Columbus Dispatch is exactly what I tried to tell my fellow board members. I intend to bring it again at the August 16 STRS Board meeting.
D. Leone
From Linda Meinelt, August 1, 2007
Subject: Divestment
Dennis,
From what I have been reading, it seems that Mandel's bill is shelved. Is it still necessary for STRS to divest its interests considering the negative impact on our pension funds?
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company