Thursday, August 23, 2007

Molly Janczyk to Laura Ecklar: An apology

From Molly Janczyk, August 24, 2007
My deepest apologies to Laura Ecklar for misquoting her. She states she is not the one who used car payments , etc. as a reason for severance pay for laid off workers. I used Jim McGreevy's STRS Board Meeting report using her name and when I reread it, it does say she talked of policy. Since she was addressing this issue, I thought she was the staff member who used car payments as well in her reasoning.
Evidently more than one staff member spoke for the severance for laid off workers expenses. I have asked who the the individual was who did make this comment.
I never wish to be inaccurate and stand corrected by Ms. Ecklar and apologize to her. I do understand however , that no such real written Board policy exists as approved by the Board. If one does, I will correct that as well.
Thank you, Laura, for the correction. I appreciate it.
Molly J.
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company