Thursday, October 04, 2007

A letter to Rep. Clifford Hite

To the Honorable Clifford Hite
The Ohio House of Representatives
October 4, 2007
Dear Rep. Hite,
Would you please explain your position as a co-sponsor of HB 151, which calls for Ohio's pension systems to divest millions of dollars of retirees' funds? I believe you, a retired teacher and coach, are a member of my pension system, STRS. Knowing this, I REALLY don't understand your position! I'm sure you must have a good explanation. I would like to hear it, as would thousands of our fellow retired educators.
We particularly need to know why only retirees, the one segment of Ohio's population which has very little chance to increase their incomes, are being singled out in this bill. Why isn't this being handled in a fair and equitable manner -- divesting from the pockets of ALL Ohioans? The only thing I can think of is that you must be a lot wealthier than the rest of us and can well afford to play politics with this bill -- to the detriment of many thousands of retirees in this state.
With respect, I await your response in a timely manner. I wrote to you some time ago about this, but did not receive a response. Thank you.
Kathie Bracy
Retired Ohio teacher
(Address, phone #)
Columbus, OH
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company