Saturday, January 12, 2008

Retirees getting screwed again

From John Curry, January 12, 2008
Subject: the Retiree Rip-off continues! A greedy MD, a cheap healthcare insurance coverage, or....a little of both?
Got this letter today from an STRS retiree! Have any of you experienced this situation? If so, please write to me. John [curryjo@watchtv.net]
From an anonymous STRS retiree to John Curry, January 12, 2008
Subject: Medical Coverage
Got a letter today from my rheumatologist saying that he will no longer accept Medical Mutual since the reimbursement is so low that it doesn't cover costs. Made me mad because he said that the coverage rates had been reduced since May and that I should consider selecting another insurance when my Open Enrollment period came along. Hmm, a little late for that. Did say I could come as an out-of-network patient and submit my own paperwork.
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company