Saturday, June 21, 2008

RH Jones: We are in trouble without our HC provided for in HB 315

From RH Jones, June 21, 2008
Subject: The Democratic Convention & political delay on HB 315
To all:
Our beloved HB 315 (A bill to provide a steady stream of funding for health care (HC) for retired teachers) seems to be on the back burner due to Ohio politicians being on summer break – like they need one – and they seem to be waiting to see what the coming Democratic Convention is going to tell them about direction of the federal political climate. Therefore, on a personal note, I have taken the time to paint my house and do other maintenance work around it.
As you know, time seems to fly so fast when we get older. However, even little jobs seem to take longer. Please be informed that I will be back trying to do what I can to save our Ohio STRS health care (HC) just as soon as practical. In the meantime, please keep the pressure on for HB 315. I hope that my 45 letters, in support of HB 315 that I have written already, well help. While I am at recess, fill in for me. Please believe me, we are in trouble without our HC provided for in HB 315.
Yours truly,
RHJones, an OH STRS retired teacher member
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company