Thursday, September 11, 2008

Not another runaround, surely, Shirlee?

Shirlee Zerkel to Sandy Knoesel, September 11, 2008
Subject: Need help with NationsHealth
Dear Ms. Knoesel: I want to thank you for your prompt answers to me regarding no-copay questions. I have had a problem getting information from NationsHealth regarding the process and cost in obtaining ostomy supplies. I have called 3 times and still do not know the cost and procedure needed.
On Aug. 22, I spoke with Jessica who assured me that they coordinated with Medicare B and STRS. Yesterday I spent over an hour trying to get info about the process of how these supplies are covered. I spoke with Tiffany, Mary and Damion. The only piece of real info I received was that Medicare B paid 80% and then they could tell me no more until I actually ordered some. They wanted my Medical Mutual ID number and they still could not give me an answer.
I am asking you for this information for those retirees who may need this service. How is the remaining 20% of the cost worked out? Does that part go to our major med plan or what? Please give me the details of the pay procedure for a client. I feel that retirees should be able to find out this information without placing an order.
Thank you,
Shirlee
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company