Thursday, January 08, 2009

Wanna see what they're making over at OSU?

From John Curry, January 6, 2009
Subject: I don't agree with them on most issues but....

....on this one - I DO!
Below are 4 links that I think you'll be very interested in...especially if you have a loved one or a family friend who is attending my alma mater - Ohio State. By now, those of you who have read the thousands of emails that I have forwarded and/or composed have realized that I am definitely not "conservative" in most of my views. On this one issue, I will just have to part company with the "old John" and give kudos to an organization that I definitely have many issues with...the Buckeye Institute for Public Policy Solutions. Why, you ask?
Well.....this issue is one of transparency in government......an issue that should be apolitical and one that both sides of the aisle should strive for in a democracy. The Buckeye Institute for Public Policy Solutions has taken the time to reference and catalogue a list of annual salaries in excess of $250,000 at OSU. They are grouped (below) into four categories...a click on each will take you to a listing of the job titles of those OSU employees and their respective salaries....listings that will "open your eyes" to salaries that public school educators (both active and retired) will find to be hard to conceive. Is it any wonder why this state university (and other Ohio public universities, I'm sure) has a tuition that would make even an elderly school marm cuss like a sailor? Click on each of the four links below and I think you'll see what I am talking about! I'm willing to "cut some slack" to those who are MD's....but the rest?
You might want to share this link with family and friends who have students attending OSU.
John
P.S. Now...if I could just get the Buckeye Institute to do an accurate annual salary listing of all the charter school CEO's in this state I think we could call it "even!" Of course, don't hold your breath on this one! I know that my salary, when I was an active educator, was public information and....I'll bet yours was also.
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company