Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Ralph Lloyd to STRS re: Bonuses

From Ralph Lloyd, February 4, 2009
Subject: Bonus Payments
Dear STRS:
Here is another letter for you, even though I have yet to receive an answer from you, I will continue to send these to you until you open a dialogue with me. Latest news in from The Times/Reporter newspaper today is that in order to help get their house in order Huntington Bank is laying off 500 workers, taking away their 401-K program donations for their workers, and eliminating all incentive payouts. So what has STRS done to improve their assets (reduce the $26 billion that was lost on investments)? ALL THOSE INCENTIVES OR BONUSES YOU PAID OUT TO YOUR INVESTMENT COUNSELORS, INCLUDING THE DAYCARE WORKERS, DID NOT IMPROVE THE SITUATION. When I and another person coached wrestling and racked up 144 dual match victories no-one gave us a bonus, nor when I taught students who did well, did I receive a bonus.
Ralph L Lloyd
Note: Ralph did receive responses the next day (Feb. 5) from Laura Ecklar and Dennis Leone telling him some belt tightening was starting at STRS. KBB
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company