Monday, October 05, 2009

June Hughes: An unsealed Rx from Express Scripts

From Sandy Knoesel, October 5, 2009
Subject: Re:
Great Concern about a Medication received from ES
Thank you for contacting me about your concerns. I'll check into this.
Sandy Knoesel
June Hughes to Sandy Knoesel, October 4, 2009
Subject: Great Concern about a Medication received from ES
I feel there's a sneak going on with ES. I ordered as usual and received Tricor in an unsealed container from ES. Why? I've been taking this for over 11 years and the containers have ALWAYS been sealed with a foil type seal under the cap when from the original manufacturer and other STRS suppliers. I questioned ES and of course got the run around with no satisfactory answer or reason why. The original container even says Do Not Accept This Medication If the Seal is Broken. Well there was NO seal on this order.
Also, I feel there should be a notification when the manufacturer of a medication is changed. The last order of another medication was from a different manufacturer. If a person investigates medications, you will find that even though the medication is 'supposed' to be the same, a different manufacturer may use a different coating, not quite the same compound mixture sources, absorption rates etc. In negotiations, these issues need to be addressed for, we the purchasers, safety!! When feasible, I have gone to local pharmacies to ask if they will order from a particular manufacturer. They have been very willing to comply. This is a reason I do NOT order most of my medications from ES, they are not consistent because I have had adverse reactions to different manufacturers and I do not to wish to have my body REQUIRED to use something that doesn't perform as well.
June
What do you think about this? I get no satisfaction from ES. I've talked with the phone person, a pharmacist, a supervisor etc. (Supervisors can do nothing which is a waste of money and time. And in the past I have gotten erroneous information from one of their pharmacists.)......June
PLEASE ADVISE ASAP!
Thank you - H June Hughes (1990)
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company