Thursday, October 01, 2009

A comment from Rich: Where are the unions?

From Rich DeColibus, September 30, 2009
Subject: Re: An Open Letter to Bob Stein
Thank you for your kind words and most of all, thank you for being a voice for retirees. Where would we be without you and the blog? Simmering in frustrating isolation. You've become a mover and a shaker far exceeding any other single retiree. My best guess is a lot of active members are tuning in, too; the smarter ones realize it's their future up for grabs as much as ours. I don't know what more we can do to get the OEA and the OFT to the table...it's like they don't exist anymore. Believe me, if I was coughing up $500 a year to some organization, I'd like to know what they're doing for me, and in the case of the OEA/OFT it doesn't seem like much, at least as far as STRS is concerned.

Rich is a Cleveland retiree, past president (16 years) of the Cleveland Teachers Union.
[Thanks for the compliment, though I wasn't "fishing" for that. KBB]
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company