Tuesday, January 08, 2008

A special tribute to The King.....

In honor of Elvis's 75th birthday on January 8th, STRS is holding a series of three special rock concerts in the STRS concert hall, featuring Elvis impersonators singing some of Elvis's finest hits. By popular vote, in concert one of three, his top ten songs are:
[Click images to enlarge]
10. All I Can Afford Are These Lousy Blue Suede Shoes
..9. My Pension Leaves Me Crying In The Chapel
..8. Don't Be Cruel; All I Can Afford Is Gruel
..7. She Said Don't Think Twice, It's Only Thirty Billion

..6. Earth Angel, Outerspace Losses
..5. A Big Hunk O'Burnin' Losses
..4. Debt Is Always On My Mind
..3. STR
S The Beautiful
..2. The IAs Are All Shook Up
..1. Aloha Health Care

In the second concert, most popular songs were identified as:

10. Are You Losing Money Tonight
..9. Baby, Let's Pretend It's Just Monopoly Money
..8. My Profits Are Blowin' In The Wind
..7. Fools Rush In But, Heck, It's Not My Money
..6. IA Fun In Acapulco, Retirees Shoveling Snow In Ohio
..5. Gentle On My Mind, Hard On My Budget

..4. Our Profit Statements Are Like Ghost Riders In The Sky
..3. Red, Red, Red Ink Over the Green, Green, Green Grass Of Home
..2. Have I Told You Lately That I Love Your COLA?
..1. Hey Jude, Can I Borrow Fifty?

The third and final concert features these hits:

10. Are Hi-Heel Sneakers Shoes Or STRS Employees?
..9. Where's STRS, Down At The End Of Lonely Street, That's Heartbreak Hotel
..8. Help Me Make It Through The Rest Of My Life
..7. My Bank Account Is So Lonesome It Could Cry
..6. I'll Be
Home For Christmas 'Cuz I Can't Afford To Be Anyplace Else
..5. It's No
w Or Never Said The Investor And It Should Have Been Never
..4. Dream The Impossible Dream 80 Billion Times
..3. I Shook, Rattled and Rolled My Christmas Present From STRS But It S
till Kept Ticking
..2. Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head 'Cuz I Can't Fix The Roof

..1. All My Questions Are Marked Return To Sender

Hope You Enjoy The Show Folks; Now If I Could Only Stop Typing Every Word With A Capital Letter.
Rich DeColibus, January 8, 2010

Special thanks (and a pair of blue suede shoes) to Rich DeColibus for this one. Originally posted 1/8/10, till Mike Nehf complained about it.
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company