Thursday, February 25, 2010

Senator Sue Morano to Duke Snider re: 3% COLA

From Senator Sue Morano, February 22, 2010
Subject: RE: 3% COLA
Dear Mr. Snider,
I would first like to apologize for my delayed response and thank you for contacting my office regarding this important issue.
As a member of the Ohio Retirement Study Council (ORSC) I understand the importance of a strong and vibrant public pension plan for all of Ohio’s state employees. Thousands of state employees depend on their pensions to be there for them when they retire after years of admirable public service. I understand the importance of the 3% COLA for thousands of retired teachers across the state and your idea to grandfather in current retirees is one being seriously discussed. I will continue to work with my colleagues in the Senate to protect and strengthen Ohio’s defined public pension plans.
Again, thank you for your email and please do not hesitate to contact my office in the future if you have any other questions or concerns.
Sincerely,
Sue Morano
State Senator
District 13
From "Duke" (Kenneth) Snider, February 20, 2010
Subject: 3% COLA
Senator Sue Morano,
I will make this short, because you are a very busy person. I have read about what you have done, and are doing. Thanks for being an asset to the Great State of Ohio. I am a retired educator and I hope all politicians understand how much we retirees depend on the 3% COLA each year to help us keep up with the skyrocketing cost of life's necessities. Please grandfather current retirees so we can have the 3% COLA.
Respectfully,
Kenneth "Duke" Snider, retired educator
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company