Friday, March 18, 2011

Annemarie, I want to thank you......

John Curry to Anne Erkman, March 18, 2011
Annemarie,
Thank you for your reply and the transmission of the recent ORSC board meeting notes. Also, thank you for placing my name on the recipient list for future board meeting minutes.
John Curry
From: aerkman@ameritech.net
To: John Curry Sent: Friday, March 18, 2011
Subject: Re: Annemarie, a question for you...........
Dear Mr. Curry,
I apologize for not replying to your email sooner. It has been a bit of a crazy week and I did, in fact, forget to reply. I am attaching the minutes of our November meeting (the last meeting we have minutes for, as I have not done the minutes yet for Wednesday’s meeting.). They are public records and we will send them out to anyone. As you note, we don’t have them on our website at this time and I am unsure when we will be adding them. We would like to make some changes to the layout of our website to make it easier to find things and we can also add the minutes, but we want to make all the changes at the same time in order to be more cost-effective.
I can add you to the list of people I send the minutes to once they are approved if you would like, until they are added to our website.
Sincerely,
Anne
Annemarie Erkman
Research Attorney
Ohio Retirement Study Council
88 E. Broad St., Suite 1175
Columbus, OH 43215
614-228-1346
From: John Curry
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011
To: aerkman@ameritech.net
Subject: Annemarie, a question for you...........
Annemarie,
As "Sunshine Week" is about to reach its sundown I have yet to hear from you in reference to my earlier request below. Possibly you didn't get it or maybe you just forgot to reply so....... I send out this letter one final time in hopes that you will reply to an Ohio taxpayer and also a benefits recipient of one of Ohio's five public retirement systems.
Thank you for your concern for transparency in government during this very important week for those who value openness in the very same body. I close with this quote from a former U.S. Supreme Court Justice, Louis D. Brandeis, "Sunshine is the best disinfectant."
Thank you,
John Curry
P.S. If the ORSC does not intend on making their board minutes available to the general public, just tell me...........it will be difficult for me to understand the ORSC's decision and I am sure the public will find it rather interesting.
From: John Curry
To: aerkman@ameritech.net
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Subject: Annemarie, a question for you...........
Annemarie,
I received the letter below from a friend re. the ORSC meeting. I am a retired educator and have an interest in the Ohio Retirement Study Council and have been looking at your website for many years now. Here is my question........why doesn't the ORSC make available the minutes of their meetings on their (otherwise) quite complete website? This week just happens to be "Sunshine Week" and a little more transparency from the ORSC would certainly be appreciated.
Thank you,
John Curry
From: aerkman@ameritech.net
Sent: 3/14/2011
Subj: ORSC meeting notice
A meeting of the Ohio Retirement Study Council has been scheduled for this Wednesday, March 16, 2011. This is an organizational meeting and the agenda is attached.
Annemarie Erkman
Research Attorney
Ohio Retirement Study Council
88 E. Broad St., Suite 1175
Columbus, OH 43215
614-228-1346
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company