Sunday, December 19, 2021

Here's how John Curry got involved.....

From John Curry 

December 19, 2021
I retired (with a "combined retirement") as an educator in the Wapakoneta City Schools after
30 years in the classroom. I also served 42 years as an Ohio commissioned peace officer for my local county sheriff's department as well as a seasonal park officer for the Ohio Dept. of Natural Resources.
I became involved in the reform movement of STRS in 2003 as a member (aka "Malcontent") of the Concerned Ohio Retired Educators (CORE) movement along with John Bos, Kathie Bracy and Dr. Dennis Leone. I became concerned at the time when benefits were being taken away from retirees and dubious reasons were given while bonuses were being passed out (invest and NON-investment staff) like they were candy. After Dr. Leone made dozens and dozens of discoveries involving misspending, mismanagement and an entitlement mentality I have been working to "educate the educators" of all the underhanded tricks that STRS has perpetuated over all these years....and still continue to do so. I will continue on until every teacher in this state finally understands what has been and is going on with their moneys at STRS....and that may take a while.
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company