Thursday, August 17, 2023

Robin Beebe to STRS Board 8/17/23: Find your moral compass and do the right thing!

From Robin Beebe

August 17, 2023
My name is Robin Beebe. I retired 14 years ago after 35 years of JOYFUL teaching mainly fourth graders and kindergarteners, as well as a smattering of other elementary grades and 8 summers of Migrant Education. I taught for the Fremont City Schools and the Perrysburg Schools. My comments will be brief.
I stand before you not to go over and over and over the particulars of matters such as all the fraudulent altering and eliminating of our COLA's, the changing of working conditions mid-stream of active teachers as pertains to their 14% contribution rate and retirement formula years, the inept investments and massive losses, the lining of pockets with exorbitant salaries and bonuses, etc., etc.,...etc.....!
Both sides of this divisive glass wall know full well what is going on and being perpetrated by many of you STRS Board members.
Many of you sitting here before me have LOST YOUR MORAL COMPASS.
I ask you, how do you sleep at night? Deep down, you must know what fraudulent policies and plundering many of you have been an integral part of.
And so.....I implore you to find YOUR MORAL COMPASS and DO THE RIGHT THING!!!
Thank you.
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company