Saturday, November 19, 2005

Duke Snider: Disciplinary Council

From Duke Snider
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2005 2:25 PM
Subject: meeting

John,
I know you didn't have the opportunity to attend the CORE meeting yesterday. Jane and I arrived at the latter part of the meeting. I made a few comments, one which pertained to Danny Bubp who was supposed to speak at 1:00. Danny was unable to be present at 1:00 due to him conducting his duties as a state representative.
I told all the CORE members that I had run across a disciplinary complaint form which I've had for several years. The heading on the complaint form is as follows: Disciplinary Counsel The Supreme Court of Ohio J. Warren Bettis Office of Disciplinary Counsel (address), and the remainder of the two pages consists of Your Name, address etc. It then says to circle Attorney or Judge, address, and asks questions pertaining to court action taken, and explain the facts of your complaint in chronological order.
I had four copies made, passed them to members, and stated to hold on these complaint forms until I talked with Danny. I told the members I would give you the information as soon as I could, and you could put it out on your list. As I previously said, Danny arrived late, and I explained the complaint form (which he is familiar with due to the fact he is an attorney). He told me this was "heavy stuff" for the judge and the proper procedure would be to appeal. I told him, it was my understanding that STRS was not going to appeal. I concluded by saying I thought it should be decided by the individual as to whether or not to file a complaint to which he did not disagree.
The STRS board did make special arrangements for Danny to speak. He commented about the "fabulous building". Danny told the board he would help anyway he could. He is one of a few representatives who have spoken to the board, and he wants to learn as much possible about our teachers pension system.
Have a great day,
Duke--You know one of those southern Ohio malcontents
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company